The Catholic church is headed by the pope. The pope claims blasphemous titles: the “vicar of Christ”, “Holy Father”, Bishop of Rome, “His holiness”, “Supreme pastor”, “the rock”, “Father of kings”, Governor of the world, “Shepherd of the universal church”, “the infallible one” etc. The Pope has the power to lay down doctrines which must not necessarily be biblically precedented.
The LORD commanded that no man should call anyone Father in spiritual matters except God. Yet, the Catholic Church has small cubicles where people enter to ask the “Father” or priest for forgiveness of sins. They pray through the “saints” and Mary, the mother of Jesus even though Jesus Christ made it clear that He is the only Way to the Father.
The Catholic Church is sometimes seen as a “wolf in sheep’s clothing” or “church of the devil”. The most obvious reason is because they support pedophilia. There is a long history of sexual abuse in the church, which they have tried to cover up many times. The church promotes abstinence, and many priests are unable to tame their natural carnal urges. Sometimes, when the immoral priests are caught, they are moved to another church in a different country. This website, Children of Catholic priests live with secrets and sorrow – The Boston Globe, documents over 50000 children fathered by the Catholic priests, and the Vatican acknowledges this.
The Catholic Church loves idols. They idolize the Virgin Mary and various “Saints”. The LORD Jesus never commanded his followers to sit in large buildings with idols, wearing long robes.
The Catholic Church is billions of dollars rich, yet there are many poor, sick, and hungry people all over the world.
Over a long period of time before the rise of William Tyndale, the Catholics kept the word of God secret only in Latin. The Catholic church murdered William Tyndale for translating the Bible to a different language that can be understood by all. He was strangled and burned in 1536. Around this time, the Catholic church killed many believers who refused the Catholic doctrines.
Catholic Practices and Beliefs
- Believe in purgatory or pay money to get the souls of their friends out of it.
- Bow to images
- Make offerings or prayers for the dead
- Believe in the doctrines (dogmas) laid down by the Pope even if it is unbiblical
- Believe in the real presence of the host (Christ Jesus is present in the Eucharist)
- Believe in Transubstantiation (the bread and the wine was the real body and blood of Christ, meaning that the Eucharist is the sacrifice being offered to God for the remission of the sins of those attending mass)
- Acknowledge the pope’s infallibility
- Go to pilgrimage
- Must Go to mass.
- The mass is a sacrifice for sin
- Pray to dead saints for remission of sin
- Use of candles, altars, bowls, incense in mass
- Use “holy” water (water and salt) in mass
- Baptism by sprinkling instead of Baptism by immersion
- Infant baptism
- Church membership is based on accepting Catholic doctrine rather than believing in Jesus.
- The use of the rosary, cross, and the scapular as aids to prayer and protection
- The implementation of Holy days and Christmas
- Clerical celibacy. Catholic Priests are forbidden from marriage
- The Clergy and the laity system
- The believe on dogmas
- The erection of the “virgin Mary” god
Do you think Jesus Christ acknowledges the Catholic Church? Certainly Not! He hates their practices because they are abominations in His sight.